In winIDEA 9.12.7 iSYSTEM introduced the Slow Run mode that allows the acquisition of a complete program trace - also on CPUs without trace port.
Since winIDEA 9.12.14 in addition to program execution, data flow and code coverage analysis Slow Run mode supports also profiling. Profiling analyses when and how long a function is running and provides statistics on many different parameters e.g.
- count (how often was the function called)
- period (what is the time difference between calls to a function)
- net time (time spent in function without subroutines and interrupts)
- gross time (time spent in function including subroutines, but without interrupts)
- call time (time spent in function including subroutines and interrupts)
Below picture shows a Slow Run trace made over a JTAG interface and the output of winIDEA's profiler and code coverage (CC) analysis. The trace includes the complete program and data flow, although JTAG does not provide a trace port and without Slow Run mode all windows would be empty or - in case of CC - would show not covered.