Hot Attach is a feature available for a long time. "Hot attach" allows the attachment of a debugger to a running target system without affecting its operation.
- Check in "Hardware/ Emulation Options/ Hardware" tab the "Hot attach to target" option
- Execute "Download" command from "Debug" menu.
- Connect the debug cable to the target system.
- Select the "Attach" debug command from "Debug" menu to attach to the target system.
Now the debugger should display "Run" status and the application can be stopped and debugged if necessary.
To disconnect from the target application select "Detach" command from the "Debug" menu.
The location for this setting is: "Debug/ Files for Download/ Options" tab
- Initialize debugger, load symbols: This is the default setting for hot attach
- Initialize, attach to CPU, download code: This new option performs a regular download, bypassing hot attach configuration. After download hot attach capabilities are restored.